[gdal-dev] Make not using nmake.opt options?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Apr 21 23:38:48 EDT 2008

Visser, John B. wrote:
> I'm building GDAL 1.5.1 on Visual Studio .NET 2008 (Visual Studio 9.0).
> I've changed the nmake.opt file to output the files to a particular
> location and to build a release version rather than debug, but the files
> are not going where I specified in the nmake.opt file.  This makes me
> concerned that nmake might not be using my other specified options.
>
> Any thoughts?

John,

You haven't been very specific about what you changed, so I'm just guessing
that you modified GDAL_HOME (and by implication BINDIR, etc).  These are
*install* directories.  The build creates dlls and .exes in the source tree.
You need to do "nmake /f makefile.vc install" to copy stuff to the install
directories.

Or I may be guessing wrong, in which case you need to be more specific.