[gdal-dev] Parameter for run-time substitution of values in mapfiles (e.g. for highlighting)?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 24 00:41:00 EDT 2008

Stefan Keller wrote:
> Dear Frank, dear all,
>
> I need to highlight a single or a group of POIs and found that MapServer
> CGI has run-time substitution since version 4.0.
>
> Does anyone know about the usage of this in mapserver?
> Can this feature be made available also for shp2img?

Stefan,

This topic would be better addressed on the mapserver-users or perhaps
the mapserver-dev mailing list.

I'm sure that shp2img could be extended to do the url override function.
I have no idea how complex that would be, nor do I have any particular
interest in implementing it.

If you wanted to do it, I'm sure you could file a ticket with a patch
implementing the support.  If you want it, but don't want to do it you
could file an enhancement ticket but I'm dubious will generate action.
You could also contract someone to implement it of course.