[gdal-dev] VMAP Problems - Correct Posting.

Courtney Schitka c.schitka at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:18:23 EDT 2008

That's the problem. is that using ogrinfo or ogr2ogr I can open the
datasource on the command line just as was described.

 However trying to open the data source. in an application I am working on
using syntax like this.

Driver* pDriver = OGRSFDriverRegistrar::Open(  path to datasource ).

OGRLayer* pLayer = pDriver->GetOgrLayer(0) //Could have gotten one by name
but for simplicity.

pLayer is != 0 //So I assume I am getting a valid layer back.

However when I try and get the features for this layer I always get the
error 2 end of selection message. The reason my URI was in the format it was
in my last post is that.

ogrdogdidatasource.cpp in gdal. Specifies when opening a vmap data source it
needs to be in the format

gltp://<hostname>/<format>/<path_to_dataset>[:<layer_name>:<Family>] ln 93

If open the URI in the format Martin suggested from the command line then it
work and I get features out. But trying to do it progmatically as shown
above I can't get any features out, which infact is the blocking issue here
for me.

Thanks for any kind help.

Court

 I get an opened data source and a pointer to the driver, from which I can
then as for a layer. However when I try and