[gdal-dev] netcdf option build error

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at OpenOSX.com
Tue Apr 29 16:23:47 EDT 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 1:23 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> I don't know if this is enough to affect the definition of
> MAX_VAR_DIMS or not.  I do see that MAX_VAR_DIMS is a backward-
> compatibility define for Netcdf v2 - netcdf.h lines 912+.  The
> modern version is NC_MAX_VAR_DIMS.  Did you use --disable-v2 when
> configuring netcdf?

I tried --disable-v2; same thing.

GDapi.c: In function 'GDsdid':
GDapi.c:10873: error: 'MAX_VAR_DIMS' undeclared (first use in this
function)
GDapi.c:10873: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
GDapi.c:10873: error: for each function it appears in.)
GDapi.c:10873: warning: unused variable 'dims'
make[4]: *** [../../o/GDapi.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [lib-hdfeos] Error 2
make[2]: *** [hdf4-install-obj] Error 2
make[1]: *** [frmts-target] Error 2
make: *** [gdal] Error 2

Trying to figure out how netcdf is being found...

I don't understand it, frmts/netcdf/netcdfdataset.h includes #include
"netcdf.h" (not <netcdf.h>) but there is not a netcdf.h file anywhere
in my gdal source. And changing "netcdf.h" to the full path of my
netcdf installation does not help...

Thanks,

Jeshua Lacock, Owner
<http://OpenOSX.com>