[gdal-dev] Guidance sought on using gdal-translate

Christopher Hunt huntc at internode.on.net
Fri Aug 1 06:20:30 EDT 2008

Hi Frank et. al,

Sorry to be a pest. I've been trying tons of things, trawling tons of
search results, and I'm really no better off than I was a few days
ago. :-P

In summary I have an aerial photo image of an airport with three well
known points (expressed in lat/longs). I'm wanting the image to be
projected using a equidistant cylindrical projection.

On gdal_translate's gcps, I'm presuming that the origin of the image
is assumed to be top-left for the gcp pixel and line values... and
that the gcp easting and northing values are expressed in metres?

How do I centre a projection? lat_0 and lon_0 values?

Thanks again for your time - I appreciate that time is precious.

Cheers,
-C