[Gdal-dev] GDAL OGR2OGR does not export Oracle Views

Dejan Gregor eloquence2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 08:26:32 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to export an Oracle view (11g) that is made of an Oracle spatial
geometry carrier and an ordinary Oracle table to a Shapefile. so what I want
to export is an Oracle view.

C:\>ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" WA_PIPE "OCI:****/****@ORCL:MARIBOR.WA_PIPE_
VIEW"
ERROR 1: ORA-04043: object MARIBOR.WA_PIPE_VIEW does not exist
 in OCIDescribeAny
FAILED: Layer MARIBOR.WA_PIPE_VIEW already exists, and -append not
specified.
        Consider using -append, or -overwrite.
ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer MARIBOR.WA_PIPE_VIEW

What am I doing wrong, can someone help with this?

Thanks!

Dejan