[Gdal-dev] GDAL OGR2OGR does not export Oracle Views

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Aug 6 10:10:19 EDT 2008

Dejan Gregor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to export an Oracle view (11g) that is made of an Oracle spatial
> geometry carrier and an ordinary Oracle table to a Shapefile. so what I want
> to export is an Oracle view.
>
> C:\>ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" WA_PIPE "OCI:****/****@ORCL:MARIBOR.WA_PIPE_
> VIEW"
> ERROR 1: ORA-04043: object MARIBOR.WA_PIPE_VIEW does not exist
>  in OCIDescribeAny
> FAILED: Layer MARIBOR.WA_PIPE_VIEW already exists, and -append not
> specified.
>         Consider using -append, or -overwrite.
> ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
> translation of layer MARIBOR.WA_PIPE_VIEW
>
> What am I doing wrong, can someone help with this?

Dejan,

Honestly, I'm not sure. Long time ago there was a bug report [1] related
to missing support of views in OCI driver but it has been fixed.

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/394

Can you report your view with ogrinfo?
What the following comamnd reports?

ogrinfo OCI:****/****@ORCL:MARIBOR.WA_PIPE_VIEW