[gdal-dev] Maintainer Activities

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Aug 8 16:54:18 EDT 2008

Folks,

Mateusz has informed me that other commitments (school and MOSS4G) will
make it impossible for him to spend any appreciable time on GDAL maintenance
through to the end of his contract at the end of August.  He will also not
be available for a new contract for a while after that.

He will invoice at the end of August, but I anticipate he will only have used
a modest faction of the allocated funds.

Also, unfortunately, I must report that Chris Howell disappeared and has been
unreachable pretty much from the point the maintainer contract was signed with
him.  So, that is also a "write off", though there was no cost to us other
than a bit of paperwork.

This does put us back in the position that we are looking for a maintainer
candidate for short or longer term.  Keep an eye out for good folks who
might be interested.