[gdal-dev] Question about compiling C++ gdal utility

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 13:24:43 EDT 2008

I'm trying to compile a gdal utility written in C++ (which is something
completely new to me), and am encountering an error.

color-relief.cpp:30:23: gdal_priv.h: No such file or directory
color-relief.cpp:31:23: stringtok.h: No such file or directory

The gdal_priv.h file is located in /export/include/gdal_priv.h, but I'm not
sure where the stringtok.h file is.

The command I gave to compile was this, "sudo g++ color-relief.cpp -lgdal -o
color-relief".

Can one of you C++ geniuses give me a couple pointers about how to do this
"the right way"?

Thanks,

Roger