[gdal-dev] GRIB2 file produces None on opening

Limei Ran lran at unc.edu
Fri Aug 15 09:29:34 EDT 2008

Hi:

I have the same problem.  I just installed 1.5.2 version on Linux. When I do:
gdalinfo --formats | grep GRIB

Nothing came out.  Also when I do:
gdalinfo abc.grb I got: not recognised as a supported file format

My grb file is GRIB2 format.  Do we need to download the GRIB driver
before the installation?

Thanks,

Limei
--
Limei Ran, Research Associate
Center for Environmental Modeling for Policy Development

Email: lran at unc.edu
Phone:  919-966-2245
Fax:    919-843-3113

Quoting Lucena, Ivan:

> Just a comment: There are some grib files generated by SPRING that
> are not compatible with the GRIB driver. It might be a version issue
> GRIB1, GRIB2 or something. Ex.:
>
> C:\Data\SpringDB\SP\SPaulo>gdalinfo I000355.grb
> ERROR 4: `I000355.grb' not recognised as a supported file format.
>
> gdalinfo failed - unable to open 'I000355.grb'.
>
> Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> Frank Peacock wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have a GRIB2 file called "a" which I have tested and is correct.  I use
>>> the following code:
>>>
>>> from osgeo import gdal
>>> src_ds = gdal.Open("a")