[gdal-dev] RE: progressive rendering

Norman Barker nbarker at ittvis.com
Wed Aug 27 17:19:26 EDT 2008

Tamas, Even, all

Thank you for your detailed feedback, I have added a section to the RFC

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc24_progressive_data_support

Which takes each of your questions and provides a response, please comment further - it is a great help.

I have added the questions to the RFC since I want to capture them for reference as they raise good points.

Adam, as mentioned in an earlier email, I am considering the interface you propose can you provide me with examples of it working - currently I am sticking as close to a traditional pattern as I can.

I would like to get this interface defined and approved, so that format drivers for streaming data can be written.

Many thanks,

Norman