[gdal-dev] autotest 1.6 errors - need help

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Dec 1 12:43:52 EST 2008

On Dec 1, 2008, at 11:30 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> I'm working on some autotest errors for 1.6, and I need some help
>> to figure out how to fix them.
>> - ogr_gml
>>  TEST: ogr_gml_1 ... ERROR 1: <coordinates> element missing value.
>> fail (blowup)
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "pymod/gdaltest.py", line 89, in run_tests
>>    result = func()
>>  File "./ogr_gml_read.py", line 72, in ogr_gml_1
>>    if feat.GetField('Name') != 'Aartselaar':
>> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'GetField'
>> and similar errors for tests 2-4
>> strangely, there is a similar error for test 5 but it succeeds:
>> TEST: ogr_gml_5 ... ERROR 1: <coordinates> element missing value.
>> success
>> Could it have something to do with Xerces 3?  I can try recompiling
>> with Xerces 2.8.
>
> William,
>
> I'm not sure.  There has been recent work to support Xerces 3.0,
> so I'm surprised.

I think all that addressed was setting some macro so that ILI/IOM
would compile.

>> - mrsid - I've been getting this for a while, even in 1.5.
>> fail
>>    Projections differ
> >
>> It's losing most of the parameters or their values.
>
> Yes, I've seen this sort of problem from time to time.  There
> seems to be problems extracting the pseudo-geotiff-tags from
> some mrsid files, though repeated efforts to resolve this
> issue have failed.  What version of the mrsid sdk are you using?
> I haven't run into this for a while myself.

7.0.0.2167

I could try the old v6 DSDK for a 32bit build just to see, but I need
v7 for 64bit OSX.

>> Then:
>>  TEST: mrsid_4 ...
>> old =  (0.0, 255.0, 102.684, 51.613999999999997)
>> new =  [0.0, 255.0, 103.11236497314, 52.476991490286998]
>> fail
>>    Approximate statistics differs.
>> I think this used to be OK, though I sorta remember seeing it before.
>
> I have also seen the image results come back with such modest,
> but statistically significant differences.  I have no way to
> address this though.

Ah, I see the test is expecting more rounded values (to 3 decimals),
but they're essentially the same.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy