[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.6.0 Release Candidate 2

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Dec 1 22:25:38 EST 2008

On Dec 1, 2008, at 9:00 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2008, at 1:21 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
>
>>> The gdalhttp test is trying to use the DODS driver.
>>
>> Yes, this is known : see http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2696
>> There's little we can do to solve that, except maybe change the
>> syntax of the
>> connection string for the GDAL DODS driver, to something similar to
>> the OGR
>> DODS driver. That's to say something like "DODS:http://...." ?
>

> How about (for the autotests) something similar to what the ecw test
> does for ecwjp2 - disable DODS format during the http tests?
>
> This would at least let us test DODS and HTTP without having to
> disable DODS manually (GDAL_SKIP) to have the HTTP test work,
> requiring a 2nd run of the autotests.

This worked in gdalhttp.py:

def http_1():

     try:
         drv = gdal.GetDriverByName( 'HTTP' )
     except:
	return 'skip'

     try:
         gdaltest.dods = None
         if gdal.GetDriverByName( 'DODS' ):
             gdaltest.dods = gdal.GetDriverByName('DODS')
             gdaltest.dods.Deregister()
     except:
         pass

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy