[gdal-dev] gdalwarp cutting off projected image

Scott Lewis scott.lewis at nsidc.org
Tue Dec 9 11:30:18 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm fairly new with GDAL, and have been working with a coworker who is a
little more familiar with GDAL and gdalwarp, but we are both stumped by
this particular issue.

I have a GeoTiff image that is in a north polar Lamber Azimuthal Equal
Area (laea) projection.  I am trying to reproject it using gdalwarp to a
cylindrical projection (like EPSG:4326).  I am using the following command:

gdalwarp -t_srs EPSG:4326 input.gtiff.tif output.gtiff.tif

The tool runs OK, but when I open output.gtiff.tif, the projection is
"incomplete".  The parts that are there look correct, but it seems
everything above about 50 degrees is cut off, like the input.gtiff.tif
had a big circle around 50 degrees cut out before the reprojection was made.

I've tried looking at the options for gdalwarp, but can't seem to find
anything that would help.

Is there a way to force gdalwarp to reproject the entire image?

Thanks!

Scott Lewis
NSIDC