[gdal-dev] Working between GeoTIFF's and Arc/Info ASCII Grid formats with NAN values

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 20:17:56 EST 2008

Hi All,

Just had an email from a client complaining about the "nan" values that I
included in some Arc/Info ASCII Grid files that I sent them.  The files were
created by converting GeoTIFF's into ASCII Grid format via gdal_translate.
I personally like that the "nan's" were carried through, but I would like to
know if there is a way that I can map the "nan" into a "-9999" value via the
gdal utilities?

Thanks,

Roger