[gdal-dev] Intructions to build GDAL for Java

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Wed Dec 10 13:36:00 EST 2008

Hi there,

I build the Java wrapper a couple of days ago following the instructions on [1] but now I need to help someone to
build for Windows based on [2] but it looks like there was some changes that are not reflected on neither one of
those instructions. For example, there is no more java.opt on the trunk [3].

I tried to run "nmake -f makefile.vc java" on "\swig" anyway but it fails and I don't want to expend much time
debugging since the instructions are outdated.

Does anybody have an idea if there are new instructions for building the Java wrapper or if it's coming up shortly?

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GdalOgrInJavaBuildInstructionsUnix
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GdalOgrInJavaBuildInstructions
[3] http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/swig/java

Regards,