[gdal-dev] gdal 1.6 on Windows XP build error (tif_ojpeg.c)

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Thu Dec 11 16:37:36 EST 2008

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:
> Gong, Shawn (Contractor) wrote:
>>
>> I used MS VC++ 6.0 to build gdal. Here is the error for file:
>>
>> C:\build19\gdal-1.6.0\frmts\gtiff\libtiff\tif_ojpeg.c
>>
>> tif_ojpeg.c(620) : error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal
>>

> Shawn,
>
> I think vc6 uses __int64 instead of long long.
>
> You might want to file a ticket against libtiff about this though VC6
> compatability is less and less a priority for me.

libtiff could use GIntBig from the portability code, where it is defined
according to the compiler that's used. There's a lot of #ifdef's in
libtiff sources, which could be simplified this way.

See also bug #2649: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2649

Best regards,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Environmental Management Information Technology