[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.6.0 DLL Hell problem on Windows Vista?

Clay, Bruce bclay at ball.com
Tue Dec 16 18:53:05 EST 2008

Frank:
  Part of the problem seems to be in the debug version of GEOS.  I don't
know exactly where at this point.

When I use the geos_c.dll you posted ogrinfo works ok.  If I make a
release version of GEOS then it works but if I make a debug version I
get the error message.  I don't need the debug version of GEOS at this
point so I will continue with the release version.

That takes care of the C++ issues but the C# programs don't work on the
64 bit Vista system.  Everything works fine on our older systems running
XP

Thanks for your help

Bruce