[gdal-dev] help! convert GML to Shp by using python

Xiaoyu Guan guanxiaoyu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 10:40:57 EST 2008

Dear All:
I would like to use GDAL/OGR library for converting GML files to Shp files.
I have look around on internet. there are a lot of people use OGR2OGR
convert them. I have already try use ogr2ogr , convert gml to shp.
unfornately, the result is not what I expected. for example. I convert one
ploygon file, there are few attributes lost. So I would like to know how to
write a python script to done the job.
Is possbile that somebody give me some hints? for example how many steps to
slove the problems? what is the data flow?

Thanks in advance
All the best

Xiaoyu
ps. If you don't understand my poor english, I am sorry that, please, do not
hesitate to send me a email, I will try my best to explain again.
--
Xiaoyu Guan (Sam)
http://guanxiaoyu.net