[gdal-dev] MrSID & December 2008 GDAL/OGR 1.6.0 Release - gdal2tiles

Klokan Petr Přidal klokan at klokan.cz
Thu Dec 18 04:45:29 EST 2008

Hi,

You can try OSGeo4W package "gdal16" together with binaries for MrSID
plugin ("gdal16-mrsid" package).

Unfortunately there are now some troubles with EPSG:900913 (Spherical
Mercator a la Google Maps) so I did not recommend yet the switch from
gdal-dev to gdal16 package for OSGeo4W users.

The workaround for that right know is to run (or add into the gdal16.bat):

set GDAL_DATA=C:\OSGeo4W\apps\gdal-16\share\gdal

FrankW:
Do you plan to publish updated version of gdal16 (best with #2724 fixed ;-))?
Is there a time frame for having ECW plugin for gdal16 in OSGeo4W?

Best regards

Klokan Petr Pridal