[gdal-dev] How can you use GDAL from a process that has already loaded some other app's xerces-c_2_7.dll?

Jason Roberts jason.roberts at duke.edu
Tue Dec 30 17:05:25 EST 2008

Frank,

Thank you very much for this! I will test it out now.

One thing I immediately noticed is that the new zip is missing the MSVCRT
manifest that you put in to correct the other DLL hell problem I noticed.

Regarding the ticket you opened: would it help you if I attached the xerces
DLLs from ArcGIS and MATLAB? So far, you are operating purely on what I've
said. Having them yourself might allow a better understanding of this mess.
Since those libraries are supposed to be open source, it is probably legal
for me to provide them to you.

Best,
Jason