[gdal-dev] Win32 Default Build Options

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 10:07:50 EST 2008

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/12549

> PPS. I'm not really so thrilled with all !IFDEF's in nmake.opt.  It is
> interfering with the "essential simplicity" of it in my opinion.

We have to use quite different options in many places depending on the
compiler and the platform type (Win64/Win32). It's inevitable to use
!IFDEF's to switch between those specialities. I'd rather use an
additional parameter (like GDAL_DEBUG) to switch between the debug and
the opimized builds at a common place.

Best regards,

Tamas