[gdal-dev] OGR and VPF

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 4 18:35:03 EST 2008

Hi all,

Anyone know about OGR support for the "Vector Product Format"?

In particular, I'm looking to support the The Digital Nautical Charts
produced by the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency:

http://www.nga.mil/portal/site/dnc/

They appear to be in the "Vector Product Format":

http://www.nga.mil/portal/site/nga01/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&itemID=a2986591e1b3af00VgnVCMServer23727a95RCRD&beanID=1629630080&viewID=Article

(got to love those clean links!)

I don't see it listed at:
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html

but some archived emails lead me to believe that maybe the OGDI Vectors
format was somehow related.

Does anyone know how to read these files?

If not supported in OGR, are there any other Open Source libs for
reading them (read only is fine).

-CHB

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov