[gdal-dev] gdalwarp rather than gdal_translate

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 11 23:36:46 EST 2008

Diana Esch-Mosher wrote:
> I have a NITF file that I would like to resample using the more
> sophisticated interpolation techniques of gdalwarp (-rcs). I do not want
> the file to change in way other than size, I do not want to
> transform/reproject/warp etc. When I specified gdalwarp -rcs -ts x y -of
> GTiff it transformed the file in a North up. How do I specify to not do
> anything other than resample?

Diana,

Currently gdalwarp does not support producing output files with georeferencing
based on a GCPs.  You can write a file with a non-north up geotransform but
only by pre-creating the file replicating the input geotransform which is not
really practical from the commandline.

 > Is it possible to specify -of NITF? I
> tried this using 114 and got errors. Do I need 115 for NITF?

gdalwarp should support creating NITF files.

When you refer to 114 and 115 are you meaning GDAL/OGR 1.1.4 and 1.1.5?
Those are ancient!