[gdal-dev] PCI AUX support: LONG/LAT ?

Andrea Battisti battisti at actgate.com
Tue Feb 12 06:47:45 EST 2008

Hi all,

I am testing the GDAL support for some PCI RAW(+AUX) data.
I have no problems loading sample .raw files that use the "SIN"
projection (within the corresponding .aux).

On the other hand, GDAL refuses to open a simple file which use
"LONG/LAT" projection:

its .aux contains:

RawDefinition: 81 51 1
ChanDefinition-1: 32R 0 4 324 Swapped
MapUnits: LONG/LAT    D000
UpLeftX:    -8.35169600000000E+01
UpLeftY:     4.20982300000000E+01
LoRightX:    -8.24558600000000E+01
LoRightY:     4.14301300000000E+01
ProjParms: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4

I was able to load the same data file by manually generating a .vrt, but
it should work also natively I guess.

PS:
I noticed the following lines in the GDAL source (ogr/ogr_srs_pci.cpp:376)

    if( EQUALN( pszProj, "LONG/LAT", 8 ) )
    {
    }

in the case of "LONG/LAT" it does nothing; (I'm not familiar with it);
may it be a clue?

Thanks in advance,

--
Andrea Battisti