[gdal-dev] Linking MinGW app builds against VC++ built GDAL

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Wed Feb 13 01:51:40 EST 2008

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:

> I'm not sure what the pexports and dlltool stuff is for.  I have
> found I can link MingGW applications directly against gdal_i.lib
> without any special stuff.

I use them to make the import lib. I can't make perl Makefile.PL accept
gdal_i.lib (which is annoying!) but if I edit it by hand into the
Makefiles everything works - almost, I get some errors from the
self-tests but they are also related to the version mismatches.

> Is it possible you are trying to build GDAL "trunk" bindings?

Yes, I was using the trunk version of wrappers.

However, I wonder how useful this is. Perl is packaged for cygwin and
probably I should use that (instead of the MinGW perl I've compiled
myself) for the OSGeo4W perl bindings for GDAL.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformatiikka / Geoinformatics