[gdal-dev] .aux file creation

estrada.adam at gmail.com estrada.adam at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 10:12:09 EST 2008

All,
    I have a large amount of MrSID files that were created and are
without the corresponding .aux file.  Even though each MrSID is
properly projected and has the correct map information, ArcGIS (v 9.2)
still does not read it correctly and throws up a warning dialog
stating that there is no spatial reference.  Is there a way to batch
create these files using GDAL?  I see that gdaladdo will create
an .aux file but I belive that this is primarily for pyramid layers
for each image and of course this is not needed for MrSID.

AWE