[gdal-dev] Building gdal/ogr with expat support fails when trying to configure ogdi as well (?)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 26 11:45:06 EST 2008

Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> Hi GDAL list!
>
> On Ubuntu 7.10, 64bit,
>
> I am trying to build gdal from source (svn) and...
>
> * a simple "./configure" gives me support for expat but not for GRASS
> nor for OGDI
>
> * using ./configure --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.3.svn
> --with-libgrass=/usr/local/grass-6.3.svn/lib
> --with-ogdi=/usr/local/src/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ogdi
>
> I get GRASS & OGDI support but not expat anymore (!)
>
> * adding "--with-expat=yes --with-expat-inc=/usr/include
> --with-expat-lib=/usr/lib" does not help.
>
> I am not sure to look for expat (?)

Nikos,

You might want to look in the config.log to see why the expat isn't working.
I suspect things are getting mixed up with the version of expat embedded
in OGDI.  If you are building the OGDI from source, I would encourage you
to also force it to build against the system copy of expat instead of it's
internal version.

Good luck,