[gdal-dev] GDAL / Python and PPC

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Jan 7 11:12:42 EST 2008

Hi folks,

coming a bit late to the game, but...

> Brian Hamlin wrote:
>> The problem
>> was, numpy wanted to build both i386 and PPC architectures.

Why was this a problem? The Framework python is universal, and is set up
to build universal extensions -- for the most part, that's what you
want, and it certainly won't hurt anything, unless you are VERY short of
disk space!

>> I jiggled
>> and rattled - I honestly dont remember exactly, and built just the PPC
>> architecture.

Again, why? In any case, it looks like you've gone through a bunch of
hassle to create something that is now making things difficult for you.

I'd go back and either install the binary on pythonmac.org, or build
from source with the default settings to get a universal numpy to go
with your universal python. Then try building GDAL again.

Or, even easier, just use William's installers.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov