[gdal-dev] Does CCITTFax-Compression of GeoTiffs work for you?

Tom Kazimiers 2voodoo at gmx.de
Sun Jan 13 12:25:03 EST 2008

Ivan,

thanks for your answer. I do not think that IrfanView writes out of
standard CCITT - bu anyway I tryed with gdal_translate.
Maybe I interpret this information wrong, but "gdal_translate --format
GTiff" gives the following output:

Format Details:
  Short Name: GTiff
  Long Name: GeoTIFF
  Extension: tif
  Mime Type: image/tiff
  Help Topic: frmt_gtiff.html
  Supports: Create() - Create writeable dataset.
  Supports: CreateCopy() - Create dataset by copying another.
  Creation Datatypes: Byte UInt16 Int16 UInt32 Int32 Float32 Float64
CInt16 CInt32 CFloa

<CreationOptionList>
  <Option name="COMPRESS" type="string-select">
    <Value>NONE</Value>
    <Value>LZW</Value>
    <Value>PACKBITS</Value>
    <Value>JPEG</Value>
    <Value>DEFLATE</Value>
  </Option>
  <Option name="PREDICTOR" type="int" description="Predictor Type"/>
  <Option name="JPEG_QUALITY" type="int" description="JPEG quality
1-100, default 75."/>
  <Option name="INTERLEAVE" type="string-select">
    <Value>BAND</Value>
    <Value>PIXEL</Value>
  </Option>
  <Option name="TILED" type="boolean" description="Switch to tiled format"/>
  <Option name="TFW" type="boolean" description="Write out world file"/>
  <Option name="BLOCKXSIZE" type="int" description="Tile Width"/>
  <Option name="BLOCKYSIZE" type="int" description="Tile/Strip Height"/>
  <Option name="PHOTOMETRIC" type="string-select">
    <Value>MINISBLACK</Value>
    <Value>MINISWHITE</Value>
    <Value>RGB</Value>
    <Value>CMYK</Value>
    <Value>YCBCR</Value>
    <Value>CIELAB</Value>
    <Value>ICCLAB</Value>
    <Value>ITULAB</Value>
  </Option>
  <Option name="PROFILE" type="string-select">
    <Value>GDALGeoTIFF</Value>
    <Value>GeoTIFF</Value>
    <Value>BASELINE</Value>
  </Option>
</CreationOptionList>

Does this mean CCITT compression is not supported at all?

Thanks,
Tom