[gdal-dev] Re: Motion: Adopt RFC 20: OGRSpatialReference Axis Support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 14 23:46:40 EST 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> While I'm not super confident I have thought through all possible
> implications,
> I would like to initiate a vote on RFC 20: OGRSpatialReference Axis
> Support.
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc20_srs_axes
>
> +1 from me.

Folks,

I appologise for the irregularity but I have updated the RFC with a
suggested friend ammendment from Howard.  In the OGRCoordinateTransformation
section I added:

"""
The CPL config option "IGNORE_AXIS_ORIENTATION" may also be set to
"FALSE" to disable OGRCoordinateTransformation's checking, and application
of axis orientation changes. Effectively this is a backdoor to disable the
core effects of the RFC.
"""