[gdal-dev] GeoTiff writing with Java Bindings (signed data types)

abhay menon abhay.menon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 14:41:48 EST 2008

Hi,

Pardon me for the intrusion in this post related to Geotiff with GDAL(Java
bind).

I was wondering the list discussion was oriented towards the implementation
and the bind of the GDAL half of the GDAL/OGR bind has anyone implemented or
used the OGR half of the bind as well.

I tried a small test with Java OGR bind as follows, (I tried to hack the
GdalTest.java for this ):
OgrTest.java
import org.gdal.ogr.Driver;
import org.gdal.ogr.ogr;

public class OgrTest
{
    public OgrTest() {

    }
        System.out.println("OGR init...");
        ogr.RegisterAll();
        int count = ogr.GetDriverCount();

        System.out.println(count + " available Drivers");
        for (int i = 0; i < count; i++) {
            try {
                Driver driver = ogr.GetDriver(i);
                System.out.println(" " + driver.GetName() + " ");
            } catch (Exception e) {
                System.err.println("Error loading driver " + i);
            }
        }
    }
}

Is there any documentation or sample that exists for the same which is
advance enough to create complex application.

Rgds

Abhay.