[gdal-dev] Windows nmake.opt - debug default?

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Thu Jan 17 11:24:27 EST 2008

Craig,

Thanks for the warning.

Craig Miller wrote:
> - I received an error when trying to compile using the Solution File
> (makegdal80.sln) for Visual Studio 2005  under Vista.  I didn't investigate
> why this happened as the command line compilation still worked great and is

That problem was caused by unix-dos newline conversion on SVN or by the
OS/Software used to produce the .zip distribution and it was fixed
yesterday: <http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2154#comment:4>

If you want to take advantage of the VS solution you can run that script
to generate a new one:

C:\Dev\gdal>makegdal_gen
Usage: makegdal_gen "MS Visual C++ version" > makegdalNN.vcproj
Examples:
    makegdal_gen 7.10 > makegdal71.vcproj
    makegdal_gen 8.00 > makegdal80.vcproj
C:\Dev\gdal> makegdal_gen 8.00 > makegdal80.vcproj
C:\Dev\gdal> _

Best regards,

Ivan