[gdal-dev] C# OGRSpatialReference class -SetLinearUnits or SetLinearUnitsAndUpdateParameters()?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 18:40:37 EST 2008

2008/1/18, Mark Cheyne <cheynm at yahoo.com>:
> Tamas - funny that you mention issue 2081 - I reported
> that issue awhile back. Clearly I haven't yet upgraded
> since you addressed the issue - my use of my custom
> Constants class in the snippet below is my workaround
> for the issue, the values are correct.

Oh, indeed. I should take better care of the person behind of similar
problems in the future ;-)

> Anyway, it is not the cause of my current problem. I
> will add a ticket for you to SWIGify
> SetLinearUnitsAndUpdateParameters().
>
> Though I'm still curious what the differing purposes
> of SetLinearUnits() and
> SetLinearUnitsAndUpdateParameters() are, and this
> might not be a fix for my actual problem anyway. I'll
> look into it more.

Actually the latter will update the subsequent parameters of the SRS
node that might be affected by the linear units. See the
implementation of
OGRSpatialReference::SetLinearUnitsAndUpdateParameters in
ogrspatialreference.cpp for more details.

Best regards,

Tamas