[gdal-dev] adding the pds format ISIS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 18 15:58:11 EST 2008

cartrite wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering how one would add a PDS, ISIS3 reader. I didn't see an
> option in configure help. There is a folder under formats. And I can run
> make from the pds folder, but I'm not sure how to link.

Steve,

In GDAL 1.5.0 the PDS, ISIS2, and ISIS3 drivers should be built into GDAL
by default.  They do not depend on external libraries so no configure
options are required.

You can confirm availability of a driver using the --format switch.

eg.

warmerda at gdal64[27]% gdalinfo --format isis3
Format Details:
   Short Name: ISIS3
   Long Name: USGS Astrogeology ISIS cube (Version 3)
   Help Topic: frmt_various.html#ISIS3