[gdal-dev] Lat/long & distance/heading calculation

Meek, Allan (Contractor) Allan.Meek at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Jan 28 11:41:24 EST 2008

This is a bit of a long shot, but I'm hoping I might find some help
here.

I have a start lat/long position, a distance, and a heading. Is there an
easy way (in OGR or elsewhere) to calculate the end lat/long position
(after travelling the given distance on the given heading)?

I have a working formula for calculating the distance and heading
between two lat/long positions, but I wanted to see if I can get around
having to rework this to solve my problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Allan