[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR to Oracle connect problems

abhay menon abhay.menon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 00:05:35 EDT 2008

Hi Bruce,

OGR does requires Oracle Client as matter any dotnet or C++ app that is been
built for oracle based process need's it.

Secondly, You could use the Oracle's Instant Client : which keep everything
to bare minimum you find it here :
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/instantclient/index.html

Include the dll or install a Oracle client.

also  databaseInstance you can use the //<servername>:<port>/<database
instance> to connect if you using Instant Client. as you don't need to
specify the TNS entry for the same.

Rgds.

Abhay.