[gdal-dev] using GDAL tiled datasets within ArcMap

Gregory, Matthew matt.gregory at oregonstate.edu
Mon Jul 14 12:26:15 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I've used gdal2tiles to create tiled datasets out of very large rasters.
However, I have only viewed the resultant PNGs within a web browser or
in Google Earth.  Does anybody have experience with viewing the results
within an ArcMap session?  If I'm understanding the format correctly,
ArcMap would have to be able to render an OSGeo Tile Map Service in
order for this to work?  It doesn't appear that ArcMap is able to take
advantage of the KML created with the -forcekml option.

Please straighten me out if I'm way off here.

thanks, matt