[gdal-dev] Problem with Porting GDAL into Arm device

Tom Kazimiers 2voodoo at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 03:00:12 EDT 2008

Hi,

I don't know how it is with the current version but 1.4 was successfully
ported to Windows CE devices by Mateusz Loskot. Version 1.5 can be
compiled, too, but some minor fixes have to be done - I will try to
compile the current version the following week.
As far as I can say everything, except some Problems with loading
GeoTiffs with CCITT Fax and other compressions, works very well. One
thing which kept me up a while was that you have to limit the memory
usage by hand to 4MB (or whatever you want to give GDAL :) ).
So yes, it is possible and you need not to port it, but compile it like
described on the GDAL website: http://www.gdal.org/wince.html

Regards,
Tom