[gdal-dev] ogrinfo and gml?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jul 25 08:21:23 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 02:06:38PM +0200, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Christopher Schmidt wrote:

> Yes, I agree the prolog is optional, but GML driver expects to find
> target namespace in the root element.

Right, which means the prolog is not the problem here -- the fact that
this is an illegal XML document is. :)

Specifically, it's a namespaced doc with no namespace declarations.

Wendell,

The page that you copy pasted from says:

 "Example of text in a GML file:"

Note that this does not say that this is the *entire* file:
specifically, it is one *feature* in the file, not a file itself. It is
not valid XML nor valid GML.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt