[gdal-dev] Mapinfo .GST file support?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Jul 26 22:01:08 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Does ogr2ogr support Mapinfo .gst files?
Is there a spec available for GST files?

After spending some time looking at google results, I'm not sure I have
much more clue about this than before I started, other than I think I
get the fact that a GST file might be like a mapfile is to mapserver.

I have a mapfile and shapefiles and a client that wants maps if .gst
format. I assume I can translate the shapefiles to .tab files, but I'm
not sure what to do about the .gst file.

Any help and/or pointers would be appreciated.

TIA,
   -Steve W