[Gdal-dev] gdal_grid: Comments from a new player

Fodder cryan at csse.com.au
Sun Jun 1 19:43:13 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Just a few things I've noticed since I've been playing around with gdal_grid
(I'm using the vrt/csv driver):

   - It's important to put the whole path of the csv file in the vrt file
(even if they're in the same directory) if you are running gdal_grid.exe
from a different locaion.
   - With the EHdr output format, it seem to be necessary to switch the YMin
& YMax around in the -tye parameter. The YMin value seems to be used for the
ULYMap tag in the .hdr file. Is this a bug?
   - A lat/long WGS projection reference seems to be added to the grid if no
projection string is passed. I would have thought that a blank projection or
non-earth projection would be better.

Finally, a question, to integrate this with a windows app, how do I know
when gdal_grid is finished? Can I test for the existance of the output file
with certain permissions or could this lead me astray?