[gdal-dev] Change to SetMercator and SetMercator2SP creates WKT without Latitude of Origin parameter

Chris Eustace Chris.Eustace at petrosys.com.au
Sun Jun 1 19:40:29 EDT 2008

This question is probably directed to Frank.

Our autotests here at work have shown there are differences between the
CRS WKT strings generated from GDAL v1.4.4 to GDAL v1.5.1.

I've scanned around a bit and noticed that ogrspatialreference.cpp has
altered between these versions.

I did a bit more hunting and found that the GDAL changeset number
concerned is 12207. The subject relates to moving sfc/oledb stuff for
the move to spike.

My question is, whether the changes to the SetMercator calls are
intended changes to ogrspatialreference.cpp or not? What we are seeing
here is that if "dfCenterLat" is 0.0, that Latitude Of Origin parameter
is no longer present in the resultant WKT.

Thanks for your time,
Chris Eustace.