[gdal-dev] Converting between datum

Bryan Keith bryan at ideotrope.org
Mon Jun 2 10:37:57 EDT 2008

> Am Sonntag, 1. Juni 2008 14:01:53 schrieben Sie:
> Frank, thanks for that hint. It seems to work, but:
>
>> So, try changing your DataWindow definition to:
>>
>>     <DataWindow>
>>        <UpperLeftX>617400</UpperLeftX>
>>        <UpperLeftY>481865</UpperLeftY>
>>        <LowerRightX>626560</LowerRightX>
>>        <LowerRightY>480365</LowerRightY>
>>        <SizeX>916</SizeX>
>>        <SizeY>150</SizeY>
>>     </DataWindow>
>>

> call me stupid, but I can't figure out how you calculated these values.
> Allthough I know what square pixel means, I don't know how I can calculate
> them. Could you or anybody else point me to a page where I may find a
> documentation on how to do that?

Andreas,

Here you see how to calculate the cellsize from the given numbers:

>>> 481865 - 480365
1500
>>> _ / 150.
10.0
>>> 626560 - 617400
9160
>>> _ / 916.
10.0

So Frank made square cells size 10.0.  In the other direction you need to
slightly increase your extent and then calculate the number of pixels in x
and y so that you get square cells.

Bryan