[gdal-dev] NITF JPEG2000 read support?

Sven Geggus usenet at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Thu Jun 5 11:14:46 EDT 2008

Dear gdal developers,

I am fiddeling with NITF JPEG2000 read support (with limited success so
far).

What is the current state of NITF JPEG2000 in gdal?

When trying to use jasper I get the following message:

> gdalinfo test_jpg2000.nsf
ERROR 4:
2K_SUBFILE:1070,40040,test_jpg2000.nsf' does not exist in the file system,
and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.

ERROR 1: Unable to open JPEG2000 image within NITF file.
Is the JP2KAK driver available?
gdalinfo failed - unable to open 'test_jpg2000.nsf'.

Using ecwj2 the I get a different message, but it still does not work:

> gdalinfo test_jpg2000.nsf
ERROR 1: An error has occurred: Error 86 "File is invalid or corrupt"  file
"" line 0
ERROR 1: Unable to open JPEG2000 image within NITF file.
Is the JP2KAK driver available?
gdalinfo failed - unable to open 'test_jpg2000.nsf'.

Unfortunately I was unable to test with the kakadu library as I did not find
an evaluation Version.

Regards

Sven

--
"If you don't make lower-resolution mapping data publicly
available, there will be people with their cars and GPS