[gdal-dev] RE: MrSID DSDK 7.x support

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Tue Jun 10 09:36:04 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 04:09:21PM -0700, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> You guys beat me to it -- thanks!
> >
> > I just checked in the changes required to support the new MrSID
> > DSDK. It should work both in trunk and 1.5 branch (will be available
> > in the next stable release). See an appropriate ticket for details:
> >
> >  http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2410

It so happens that the new DSDK support is incomplete. JPEG2000 is not
available through the MrSID DSDK 7.x. And there is no easy way to
fix it because of DSDK API breakage. So for now use "--with-jp2mrsid=no"
until the problem will be solved. DSDK 6.x should work fine.

Best regards,
Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev