[gdal-dev] gdalinfo and HDF5 metadata

Jamie Adams jaadfoo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 14:02:00 EDT 2008

I've got a HDF5 file that has data projected both geographic and in north
polar stereographic.  The internal directories are different, but the end
file name is the same ("//geo/2.00000/2_1" vs "//nps/2.00000/2_1").  I've
verified using hdfview that the metadata exists for both.

I noticed gdalinfo is only returning bounding information for one dataset or
the other.  The metadata is returned in the format "2_1:west=17.5".  In this
case, is gdalinfo only displaying one unique entry where there may have been
multiples stored internally?

I ran into a similar issue with the python bindings, I noticed it was filed
as a bug: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2412.

Thanks,

Jamie Adams