[gdal-dev] Re: [Qgis-user] ArcGis mdb file

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Jun 14 22:41:48 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 19:24 -0500, William Kyngesburye wrote:
> On linux, it uses the mdbtools library, and accesses the MDB thru
> ODBC.  while it works on Linux, I've had trouble getting it to work on
> OSX, and I'm STILL waiting for a bug fix on another ODBC Access
> driver :(  So really, only OSX is out of luck for now.
>
> On Jun 14, 2008, at 5:05 PM, John C. Tull wrote:
>
> > Although I am pretty certain that format requires Windows as an
> > Access lib is used by gdal. So no joy on Linux or OS X without a
> > virtual machine.
> >
> > Regards,
> > John
> >
> > On Jun 14, 2008, at 5:29 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> >
> >> GDAL does have read support for mdb files (http://gdal.org/ogr/drv_pgeo.html)....so
> >>  you should be able to use GDAL's ogr2ogr utility to convert your
> >> mdb into a readable format for QGIS.
> >>
> >> --jeff

Maybe all this should be posted in gdal (?... sorry for cross-posting).

I followed the instructions and it works for me under Ubuntu 64bit ;-)
Yet, I get some "strange" error and no layers reported ?

ogrinfo PGeo:rlp_db1
GDB_GeomColumns is not a table in this database
INFO: Open of `PGeo:rlp_db1'
      using driver `PGeo' successful.