[gdal-dev] Problem with driver to ArcSDE Raster Catalogs!!

Diogo Vieira dvieira at municipia.pt
Fri Jun 20 13:55:09 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am a user of Mapserver and I want to connect to ArcSDE Raster Catalogs from Mapserver.

For what I read in the page http://www.gdal.org/frmt_sde.html, actually GDAL does not support the reading of "ESRI ArcSDE Raster Catalogs"!!

I made an example, and I only obtained to load the first image of ArcSDE Raster Catalogs. I think that driver ArcSDE (through the lib GDAL) did not get the information of the images in the catalog, that is, the index of diverse tiles. Summarizing, the driver can read raster from ArcSDE, correct??...but can´t read the Raster Catalogs, correct? So, what I can do to decide this limitation?

Thanks a lot,

Diogo Vieira