[gdal-dev] Urgent GDal failing to open a file.

Courtney Schitka c.schitka at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 18:23:46 EDT 2008

Good Day list.

I write you with kind of an urgent problem today. The company I am doing
some consulting for is using GDAL to read a majority of their data. They
just purchased 800$ worth of some GeoData from a third party company.
Everytime we try an dopen the data through Gdal I get. A problem with trying
to create a Coordinate Transform. See error

ERROR: No PROJ.4 translation for source SRS, coordinate

When I did a Gdal Info on the file. I find this information out

Coordinate System is:
PROJCS[,
    GEOGCS["unnamed",
        DATUM["unknown",
            SPHEROID["unretrievable - using WGS84",6378137,298.257223563]],
        PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],
        UNIT[,0.0174532925199433]],
    UNIT["unknown",1],
    AUTHORITY["EPSG","0"]]

Which I think is the root of my problem. Is ther ea good/easy way for me to
fix this ? quickly ?

Thanks Court.